Monday 1 June 2009

Less than a week to go...

Can't quite believe I go to China in less than a week! Things are starting to get more organised, the spare bed is awash with clothes and essentials ready to be packed. The Visa came through a few weeks ago so at least the paper work side of things is done, and had my 8 injections!

Going to be a long flight, I fly to Hong Kong on the 6th and then change there for Chengdu. Flown on my own before but only to Edinburgh and never had to change before so going to hope my luggage gets to the other end okay, plus news of this plane in France and watching parts of "Snakes on a Plane" last night perhaps weren't the best things.

So I will hopefully be updating this regularly, although knowing the chinese censorship on things I hope I can get access to update it. I don't actually get to the sanctuary for a couple of days so if I don't update it initially that'll be why, if after a week no updates then assume it's a no go.

Feel free to leave comments etc be good to hear from people.

4 comments:

  1. Omg, so jealous of you :P I am planning to go to China too this summer, things haven't been booked yet though x)
    You never came to get your mini mandarin lesson..! If I were you, I'd be SO excited!
    Oh, and a heads up.. Pandas really smell and are really lazy.. sounds like you'll have an awesome time though. Prepare for a culture shock! Facebook can be a bitch to get on.. if you have your own connection it should be okay, not sure about internet cafés though, some are okay, some aren't. Oh, and bring toilet paper with you EVERYWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........
    Hope you have wonderful time in China and looking forward to your stories!!
    Dont forget to drink a lot of tea!!!!!!!!!!!:-)
    Take care!And wash you hands regularly!
    Lenka and Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woops please remove the comment above this one.

    Any way wanted to say good luck and will be reading your blog to see what you get up to. Please can we have some really good photos of the pandas to show the guys at work.

    enjoy yourself

    Paul

    ReplyDelete